All of us here at Jacobs Berger want to reassure our clients and business associates that their health and safety are our primary concern.

All of us here at Jacobs Berger want to reassure our clients and business associates that their health and safety are our primary concern and that we are also committed to the health and safety of our staff and our families. Though we are currently working remotely, we continue to operate as we always have, providing quality service and for us, it is “business as usual.”

We are offering telephonic and video calls, conferences, mediations, and strategic planning sessions to continue to service our clients and prospective clients, and are, of course, available for ongoing business partnerships via our virtual network!

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us via phone at 973-710-4366, by email, or, if necessary, carrier pigeon. (We are kidding about the last one, but you laughed, didn’t you?) Also, head to our social media pages for some tips on staying healthy, safe and sane during this time.

We are all in this together.

What can I do to help enforce an agreement that I had with my co-parent in regards to custody and parenting time?

Custody and Parenting Time Enforcement Attorneys Morris County NJ

Custody and Parenting Time are often the most critical components of a Marital Agreement or Divorce

Crafting a Custody Agreement and your options if enforcement becomes necessary

Often parents call us with questions regarding what they can do to help enforce an agreement that they have with their co-parent, on custody, and parenting time. They have concerns that they have spent time either crafting an interim agreement or a final agreement that lays out terms that specify when pick-up and drop-off is going to be, what holidays each of the parties have, what are the requirements and the rights and responsibilities of each of the parents with regard to the child or the children and what happens when the other side is not living up to the agreements that were made.

Mediation to help get you and your ex back on track as co-parents

There are a few things that can be done in that particular situation. One of the things is to try mediation. You can speak to your co-parent either individually or thorough the respective attorneys and say because you are reaching some impasse in the agreements that you have previously it would be helpful to sit down with a third-party neutral to see if we can massage or craft changes to the original agreement that would be more suited to both parties at this time.

Filing a Motion for Enforcement with the court

Another opportunity that you have is to file a motion for enforcement in the court, filing a motion for enforcement is simply saying to the court this is an agreement that we have previously, here are all the ways that I do not believe that my co-parent is living up to the obligations and the terms that we agreed to at court and I would appreciate it if you would enforce these terms so that we can go by everything that we discussed previously.

Speaking to law enforcement and engaging the police as a last resort

Of course in more egregious situations such as parental kidnapping or interference with custody, you may be in a situation where you would have to speak to law enforcement in order to effectuate a certain agreement that was put in place, but if the agreements are the two of you simply not getting along or one parent not following to the letter of the agreement that exists most often mediation and motions to enforce are the customary ways to get your spouse to comply with the terms that you have previously agreed upon.

Losing agreed upon time with your children? Contact our Morristown Custody and Parenting Time Attorneys Today

At Jacobs Berger, our attorneys have extensive experience helping clients and families to fairly and creatively resolve family law matters of all kinds in towns across New Jersey and Morris County, including Morristown, Madison, Randolph, Dover, Denville, Florham Park, East Hanover, and the surrounding communities.

To speak with a qualified member of our attorney team today in a comprehensive and confidential case assessment, please contact us online or through our Morristown office at (973) 718-7705.

About the Author:

Sarah Jacobs is dedicated to protecting the interests of clients in family law proceedings. Certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a Matrimonial Law Attorney, and Qualified as a Mediator, Sarah possesses nearly 20 years of experience practicing law throughout the State of New Jersey. Together with partner Jamie N. Berger, Esq. their boutique Morristown family law firm is managed with the goal of providing high-quality service tailored to each client's individual needs. In her capacity as both a family law mediator and litigator, Sarah works with negotiation-minded clients in a cooperative setting. She is also a skilled litigator with the knowledge needed to take even the most complex cases to court, if necessary.

Related Posts