Amy L. Miller Esq.
Amy L. Miller attended the University of Maryland and received a B.A. degree in government and politics, and a B.S. degree in family studies in 2002. Thereafter Amy attended St. John’s University School of Law and received her J.D. in 2006. Amy was admitted to the New Jersey Bar in 2006, to the New York Bar in 2007 and to the New Jersey State Federal Bar in 2006. After graduating law school in 2006, she was an associate in the Family Law Department at the firm of Lomurro Davison Eastman & Muñoz, P.A. She joined Haber Silver & Simpson as an associate in 2010 and thereafter was promoted to Senior Associate. Amy recently joined Jacobs Berger, LLC as a Partner. Amy’s practice is in the area of family law including divorce, custody, visitation, alimony and domestic violence.
Amy has been involved in the New Jersey State Bar Associate in several capacities including serving as a Co-Chair of the Young Lawyers Sub-Committee of the Family Law Section and serving on the Executive Committee of the Young Lawyers Division since 2009. Amy is currently a Trustee on the Morris County Bar Association. She is an Associate Editor on the New Jersey Family Lawyer publication and recently served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Young Lawyers Division’s Dictum publication. Amy has published several articles in these publications. Amy is a member of the Barry I. Croland Family Law Inn of Court, she volunteers as a Family Law Early Settlement Panelist in Morris County and she volunteers as a pro bono attorney for Jersey Battered Women’s Services (JBWS). Amy also volunteers on the District X Fee Arbitration Committee and is the current Vice Chair. She has also presented Continuing Legal Education seminars to the Family Law Section of the State Bar and to the Morris County Bar Association. Amy was named as a “Rising Star” by New Jersey Super Lawyers in 2010, 2011 and 2013. Amy was the recipient of the Young Lawyers Division’s “Service to the Bar” award in 2011.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Alimony and Domestic Violence
- High Net Worth Divorce
- Contested Divorces, Uncontested Divorces
- Visitation/ Parenting Time
- Child Support/ Child Support Modification
- Spousal Support, Spousal Maintenance, Alimony
- Equitable Distribution of Property Complex Property Division
- Property Settlement Agreements Involving Business, Real Estate, Stock Options
- Domestic Partners
- Father’s Rights
- Grandparent’s Rights
- Parental Relocation and Move Aways
- Pre and Post Marital Agreements
- Domestic Violence
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Landlord Tenant
- New Jersey, 2006
- New York, 2007
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2006
- St John’s University, School of Law, J.D. – 2006
- University of Maryland, B.A.
Major: Government and Politics
- University of Maryland, B.S. – 2002
Major: Family Studies
- “Baby Boomers, Social Security and Divorce,” co-authored with Marshall A. Morris, New Jersey Family Lawyer, Vol. 33, No. 5, April, 2013.
- “Top 10 Musts of Family Law Motions”, Dictum, Vol. 3, No. 1, June, 2010.
- “Mommy, Why Do You Have to Work?”, Dictum, Vol. 3, No. 3, Dec., 2010.
- “Editor’s Column, Another Memorable Annual Meeting and Convention”, Dictum, Vol. 37, No. 2, Sept., 2013.
- “Editor’s Column, Attorney Listservs – A Great Resource or an Unforeseen Pitfall?”, Dictum, Vol. 38, No. 1, May, 2014.
- “Black v. Black: Anticipating College Expenses for All Children When Deciding Parents’ Obligations for One Child,” co-authored with Allison Heaney Lamson, Esq., New Jersey Family Lawyer, Vol. 37, No. 6, July 2017.
Honors and Awards
- 2019 NJ Family Magazine “New Jersey’s Best Lawyers For Families”
- 2018 Qualified as a Family Law Mediator
- Rising Star, New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2013
- Rising Star, New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2011
- Rising Star, New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2010
- Recipient of the New Jersey State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division’s “Service to the Bar” Award, 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Executive Committee, 2014
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Young Lawyers Sub-Committee, 2007 – Present
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, 2009 – Present
- New Jersey Family Lawyer, Associate Editor, 2010 – Present
- Morris County Bar Association, Member, 2010 – Present
- Barry I. Croland Family Law Inn of Court, Barrister
Past Employment Positions
- Haber Silver & Simpson, Senior Associate
- Lomurro Davison Eastman & Munoz, P.A., Associate
Pro Bono Activities
- Morris County Early Settlement Panel
- District X Fee Arbitration Committee