All of us here at Jacobs Berger want to reassure our clients and business associates that their health and safety are our primary concern.

All of us here at Jacobs Berger want to reassure our clients and business associates that their health and safety are our primary concern and that we are also committed to the health and safety of our staff and our families. Though we are currently working remotely, we continue to operate as we always have, providing quality service and for us, it is “business as usual.”

We are offering telephonic and video calls, conferences, mediations, and strategic planning sessions to continue to service our clients and prospective clients, and are, of course, available for ongoing business partnerships via our virtual network!

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us via phone at 973-710-4366, by email, or, if necessary, carrier pigeon. (We are kidding about the last one, but you laughed, didn’t you?) Also, head to our social media pages for some tips on staying healthy, safe and sane during this time.

We are all in this together.

What are my Options if my Co-parent is not paying Child Support?

What are my Options if my Co-parent is not paying Child Support?

Morris County Child Support Attorneys helping clients with child support issues across Northern New Jersey.

Jamie N. Berger is a Partner at Jacobs Berger, LLC. Jamie practices exclusively in the area of family law. In the video, she shares child support options and mechanisms clients can access to get the corresponding payment.

What are my options to make my child support payment effective?

A lot of people ask me what happens if one of the parents is not paying child support or is not paying the appropriate amount of child support that has been court-ordered by the court and there are several options that are available. The first one which is to try to resolve the issue out of court sending a letter to that other parent or the attorney for the other parent and trying to resolve the issue is certainly the best first attempt because it can save you fees and time going into court.

What if we can´t reach an amicable agreement?

If those efforts are unsuccessful then, of course, the other option is to file an application with the court to compel payment of child support. Once you have filed that application another thing that you can consider asking for is that the child support be paid through the probations department. Every county in the state of New Jersey has an individual probation department who is there specifically to handle the payment of support whether it is child support or alimony and to make sure that those payments are effectively coming to the parent who is receiving them because we do not want to allow a situation to continue where you are not receiving the appropriate amount of support for your children or for yourself for that matter. So, there are absolutely mechanisms that we can use in order to compel payment of support.

Contact our Morristown Child Support Attorneys

If you want to discuss deeper your personal case with one of our experienced child support payment attorneys, our team is ready to get the best result in your particular situation. Together, we´ll work out a step-by-step plan that will deal with all aspects of your child support process.

If you want to get in touch with attorney Jamie N. Berger or someone else from  Jacobs Berger please free to call at 973-718-7705, visit our  Morristown office or fill out our online form.

About the Author:

Jamie Berger practices exclusively in the area of family law. She has extensive experience in all aspects of litigation in family and appellate court proceedings. Prior to being a partner at Jacobs Berger, Jamie practiced at a boutique Morris County Matrimonial Law Firm for several years. Before that, Jamie served as a Law Clerk for The Honorable Eugene A. Iadanza, J.S.C. in the Monmouth County Superior Court, Family Part.

Related Posts