Amanda S. Jemas, Esq.
Amanda S. Jemas, Esq. joined Jacobs & Berger L.L.C in January 2019. Prior to joining the firm, Amanda also served as Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Maritza Berdote Byrne, P.J.F.P., in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Morris County, Family Part.
Amanda received her Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Villanova University and her Juris Doctor from Seton Hall University School of Law. While in law school, she interned for Judges Michelle Hollar-Gregory and Thomas M. Moore in the Superior Court of New Jersey in Essex County, Family Division in the summer of 2009 and spring of 2011, respectively. Upon graduating from law school, Amanda practiced commercial litigation for two years. Since 2014, Amanda has practiced exclusively in family and matrimonial matters.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Child Custody
- Division of Assets
- Parental Rights and Obligations
- Parental Alienation
- Domestic Abuse
- Grandparent Issues
- Domestic Partnership and Civil Unions
- Prenuptial Agreements
- New Jersey, 2011
- New York, 2013
- Seton Hall University School of Law 2011 J.D.
- Villanova University, 2007 B.A in Psychology, minor in English
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Morris County Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member
- New York Bar Association, Member
- Barry Croland Family Law Inn of Court, Associate, 2012 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Townsend Tomaio & Newmark, LLC, 2016-2018
- Donahue, Hagan, Klein & Weisberg, LLC, 2014-2016
- The Honorable Maritza Berdote Byrne, J.S.C., Law Clerk, 2013 – 2014
- The McKenna Law Firm, 2012 – 2013
- Paul G. Jemas, Esq., P.C., 2011 – 2012
- The Honorable Thomas M. Moore, J.S.C., Judicial Intern, 2011
- The Honorable Michelle Hollar-Gregory, J.S.C., Judicial Intern, 2009