- Alimony & Spousal Support
- Am I Responsible for Debts Incurred by my Spouse if the Debt Isn’t in my Name?
- Are my Employment Benefits and Frequent Flyer Miles Considered Marital Property?
- Be Prepared!
- Child Custody & Relocation
- Child Custody Attorneys
- Child Support & College Expenses
- Child Support Resources
- Complex Family Structures
- Contact NJ Family Lawyers Jacobs Berger, LLC
- Divorce Alternatives
- Divorce Arbitration
- Divorce Resources
- Domestic Violence Attorneys
- Domestic Violence Resources
- Equitable Distribution
- Family Law & Divorce
- Family Law Appeals Attorneys
- FAQs & Resources
- Appraisers in Divorce
- Forensic Accountants and Business Valuators
- How is Child Support Calculated?
- How Long Does it Take to Get a Divorce in New Jersey?
- How Long does the Average Mediation Process Take?
- The Role of Real Estate Professionals In The Divorce Process
- Therapists, Experts, and Parenting Professionals
- What are my options if my co-parent is not paying child support?
- Why Should I Hire a Divorce Attorney
- Fathers’ Rights
- How are Businesses Valued During Divorce Proceedings?
- How Do I Begin the Divorce Process?
- How is Paternity Established in New Jersey?
- If I am Not and Have Never Been Married to my Co-Parent, Does that Affect my Ability to Seek Child Custody or Parenting Time?
- If the ADR Process is Neutral, Why do I Need a Lawyer?
- Legal Relationship Dissolution
- Marital Agreements
- Morristown NJ Family Law Office
- Mothers’ Rights
- Multi-parent Families
- New Jersey Family Law Blog
- Order Modification & Enforcement
- Our Approach
- Parental Relocation Attorneys
- Prejudgment Divorce
- Prenuptial Agreement Attorneys
- Should I Retain Independent Legal Counsel During Mediation?
- Site Map
- The Divorce Process
- Use of Experts in Divorce Proceedings
- VIDEO – What types of complex financial issues may need to be addressed during the divorce process?
- VIDEO – Complex Custody Matters
- VIDEO – DIVORCE
- VIDEO – FAQ: How do I begin the divorce process?
- Video Library
- What are the Costs of Divorce?
- What Can I do if I Have Overpaid Child Support?
- What Factors Does the Court Consider When Determining Custody?
- What is the Difference Between Mediation and Arbitration?
- What is the Early Settlement Panel?
- What Sets Us Apart From Other Family Law Firms?
- What We Do
- Who We Are
- Who We Are Details
- Win an Ipad
- Protect Your Post Divorce Credit Rating & Creditworthiness
- What types of complex financial issues may need to be addressed during the Divorce process?
- Is it a good idea to have Independent Legal Counsel during Mediation?
- Full Financial Disclosure & Discovery Process
- Unvested Stock: Retirement Assets & Equitable Distribution
- The Logistics of Child Custody Exchanges
- Imputing Income To Determine Child Support Obligations
- Situational Depression: Managing Your Mental Health During Divorce
- Why retain legal counsel during the Divorce process?
- How is JB’s unique approach applied to Divorce Cases?
- Debt Relief Through Bankruptcy or Divorce?
- Staying Insured: Post Divorce Healthcare Options in NJ
- Is it Legal to Record My Spouse or Partner during my NJ Divorce?
- Relief From Default Divorce Judgment or Settlement Agreement
- Are Premarital Agreements Difficult to Enforce in NJ?
- Holidays, Parenting Time, and Mrs. Doubtfire
- Grounds for Divorce in New Jersey
- Family Law Modifications and Appeals
- Modern Concepts for Prenuptial Agreements
- How Is Alimony Calculated?
- Congress Changes Alimony Tax Law!
- Retirement: Planning for Your Alimony Payments
- Financial Support for Unmarried Couples, NJ Palimony Laws
- How Can I Resolve My Divorce Without Court Litigation?
Category: Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
Category: Business Valuation
Category: Child Custody
- Child Custody and Visitation Rights for Unmarried, Non-Biological and Third Party Parents?
- Common Questions and Concerns Regarding Complex Custody Matters
- Why retain legal counsel during the Divorce process?
- Midweek Overnight Parenting Time Agreements
- When Harassment Leads to Filing a Restraining Order
- Parenting Coordination & High-Conflict Co-Parenting
- How is JB’s unique approach applied to complex custody issues?
- Therapeutic Supervised Visitation and Family Reunification Therapy
- Modifying or Terminating a Final Restraining Order
- Parental Addiction: Child Custody, Recovery, & Rebuilding Trust
- Preparing for a Court Ordered Child Custody Evaluation in New Jersey
- Parallel Parenting in Divorce
- Supporting Special Needs Children in Divorce
- What to do following the death of the Custodial Parent
- Are Pets Considered Marital Property or Members of the Family?
- The Psychology of Parental Alienation
- Child Custody and Support for Unmarried Parents
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse and Child Custody
- The Affects of Domestic Violence on Divorce and Child Custody
- Creating an Effective Visitation Schedule
- Modern Families: Psychological Parenting and Multi-Parent Families
- How a NJ Child Custody Agreement Can Affect a Parent’s Decisions and Wishes Regarding their Child’s Participation in Sports Programs
- The Impacts of Social Media on Divorce
- Marital Agreements and Child Custody
- New Jersey Considers Making 50/50 Child Custody the “Default” Award
- Leaving Your Home During Divorce
- Child’s Best Interest Standard Applied to Transgender Name Change Suit
- NJ Child Relocation Law Changes Dramatically in Supreme Court Decision
- Making Better Decisions Concerning Divorce
- Do Grandparents Have Any Rights in New Jersey Divorce Cases?
- What Visitation Rights Do Grandparents Have with Their Grandchildren?
- Becoming Comfortable With Your Parenting Time Schedule
- Avoiding custodial interference this holiday season
- What New Jersey parents should know about parenting time
- Reality versus perception in child custody cases
- Big moves can have a big impact on kids
- Options for custody when co-parenting just isn’t going to work
- Staying on Track with Parenting Time
- Five Strategies for Successful Co-Parenting
- Understanding New Jersey Child Custody and Relocation Policies
Category: Child Custody Evaluation
Category: Child Support
- Weighing Child Support Payment Options Part II – Payment through the Probation Department
- Weighing Child Support Payment Options: Part I – Direct Pay
- The Consequences of Unpaid Child Support in New Jersey
- If at First You Don’t Succeed in Enforcing Your Court Order, Try, Try Again
- The Startling Cost of Raising a Child
- New Rules of the Road: Child Support and Car Insurance
- DNA Testing for Contested Paternity
- Emancipation and child support obligation changes in New Jersey
- What are the penalties for failing to pay child support?
Category: Child Support Voluntary Underemployment
Category: Child Support Voluntary Unemployment
- Communicate Successfully Post Divorce – Is It Possible?
- Discussing Divorce with Your Children
- Tips for Co-Parenting after a Divorce
- Five Successful Co-Parenting Tips You Can Do Today
- Avoiding the Pitfalls of Co-Parenting
- Helping Children Cope During Divorce – Maintaining Stability Part II
- Do’s and Don’ts for Successful Co-Parenting
- Guidelines for Successful Co-Parenting
- How to Create Effective Boundaries with your Ex
- How to Not Get Yourself in Trouble This Summer
- Five Ways Divorce Can Be Positive for Children
Category: Complex Asset Division
Category: Debt Relief
- How is JB’s unique approach applied to Divorce Cases?
- Am I am responsible for marital debts if debts are not under my name?
- How to Choose a Mediator?
- What are the benefits of mediation?
- The Divorce Process: Where Should I Begin and How Long Will it Take?
- What Happens to My Credit Rating During Divorce?
- Financial Benefits of Divorce
- What to Do with The Family Home During Divorce
- Responding to a Divorce Complaint
- Understanding Your Divorce Settlement Agreement
- The Most Common “Divorce Mistakes”
- Preparing to Meet with Your Divorce Attorney
- The Advantages of Creating a Prenuptial Agreement
- The Fine Line Between Divorce Negotiation and Divorce Litigation
- Keeping Your Divorce Amicable
- The Disadvantages of Mediation
- Pet Custody and Divorce
- Are Any of My Assets Protected from being Divided during My Divorce?
- Will Mediation Work for My Divorce?
- How is My Divorce Affected if my Spouse Has Control of the Family Finances?
- Final Restraining Order in NJ – Could it Last a Lifetime?
- Can Third Parties be Required to Protect Marital Assets During Divorce?
- “Can’t We All Just Get Along?” Planning for an Amicable Divorce
- The Financial Consequences of Divorce
- Filing for Divorce after Adultery- Know the Ins and Outs
- What’s in a Name?…That is the question.
- 10 Tips on Staying Healthy While Managing the Grieving Process of Divorce
- What you need to know about property division in a New Jersey divorce case
- Grey Divorces and the Children Left in Their Wake
- Marital Home Buyouts
- The Quickie Divorce: Fact or Fiction?
- Don’t try to keep up with the Joneses
- When the stakes are high, accusations can fly in NJ divorces
- 3 ways you could be hurting your high-asset divorce
- Could your spouse be hiding assets as bitcoins?
- Should you be considering a collaborative divorce?
- Serious illness could prompt divorce for New Jersey couples
- Increased value of stock at stake in high-asset divorce
- Terminating a Civil Union in NJ
- Complementary Dispute Resolution in New Jersey Family Court
Category: Divorce FAQs
Category: Domestic Violence
Category: Family Law
- Dealing with Divorce Depression
- Avoiding Bad Divorce Advice
- Credit Card Debt and Divorce
- Personal Growth: Taking Control
- More NJ couples recognize mediation as a civil way to terminate marriage
- Domestic Violence: It’s Not Always What You Think
- It (Often) Takes Two (To Make College Decisions)
- Take Care with a Cohabitation Clause
- What to Do When You Are Unhappy with a Judge’s Decision
- Appellate Division Reaffirms that Timing is Everything When it Comes to Relocation
- Retirement and Terminating Alimony: How the Amended Alimony Statute Affects You
- Another Victory for Same-Sex Parents: Out-of-State Adoption Judgments Must be Honored
- Parenting Trends: Residences
- Spousal support: It’s not just for women
- 3 Reasons Why Mediation May Be the Answer to Resolving Your Divorce
- Challenges arise when ending any type of relationship
- What the changes to alimony laws mean for New Jersey couples
- Why legal support during the adoption process can be crucial
- Pets: Property or people in asset division?
- Same-sex couples still face challenges in the U.S.
- Gender Conformity, Family Diversity and Bullying in Elementary School
Category: Family Reunification Therapy
Category: fiscal benefits
Category: Full Financial Disclosure
Category: Grandparents' Rights
Category: Marital Assets
Category: Parental Alienation
Category: Post-Secondary Education Child Support Obligations
Category: Real Estate in Divorce
Category: Same Sex Couple Child Custody
Category: Therapeutic Supervised Visitation
Category: Violation of Restraining Order
- August 2019 (6)
- July 2019 (10)
- June 2019 (5)
- May 2019 (4)
- April 2019 (6)
- March 2019 (7)
- February 2019 (1)
- January 2019 (1)
- December 2018 (2)
- November 2018 (1)
- October 2018 (1)
- August 2018 (3)
- July 2018 (5)
- June 2018 (2)
- May 2018 (5)
- April 2018 (1)
- March 2018 (3)
- February 2018 (3)
- January 2018 (3)
- December 2017 (3)
- November 2017 (5)
- October 2017 (3)
- September 2017 (3)
- August 2017 (3)
- July 2017 (2)
- June 2017 (4)
- May 2017 (2)
- March 2017 (7)
- February 2017 (6)
- January 2017 (4)
- November 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (1)
- July 2016 (2)
- June 2016 (2)
- May 2016 (2)
- April 2016 (2)
- March 2016 (1)
- February 2016 (3)
- October 2015 (1)
- September 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (1)
- January 2015 (1)
- December 2014 (1)
- November 2014 (2)
- October 2014 (1)
- September 2014 (2)
- August 2014 (1)
- July 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (3)
- May 2014 (4)
- April 2014 (1)
- March 2014 (2)
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (4)
- January 2013 (1)