Family Law Attorneys in Morris County, NJ
Dedicated to Genuine and Constructive Resolutions for You and Your Family
Jacobs Berger, LLC, has been making a positive difference in our clients’ lives for years. We have built our approach to family law on recognizing the many concerns our clients face, and offering effective and constructive guidance and resolutions.
When you are a Jacobs Berger client, you are given the personal attention that you need and deserve in any family law matter. We understand life doesn’t always fit into the “business day”, and we are here for you during the entire legal process, and as a continued source of support afterward.
The goal of our attorneys is to provide constructive and effective solutions to our clients which allow them to lay the foundation for successful parenthood, and a secure legal and financial future. Whether that is through negotiation or aggressive avocation is up to you.
Contact our firm to discuss any family law concern you may have in a confidential case assessment today.
Family Law Matters Our Morristown Attorneys Handle
Led by Sarah J. Jacobs and Jamie N. Berger, our team works with you to resolve any family law concern you may have:
- Divorce — Whether you are ending a marriage through divorce, or ending a civil union through dissolution, our team will work with you to make sure that you understand your options and can choose the best path forward. We know how emotionally difficult and complicated these situations can be, and we strive to make the transition as smooth and easy as possible.
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolutions — This firm is highly skilled and experienced when it comes to divorce alternatives like mediation which allow you and your partner to collaborate on the outcome of your divorce in a more private, communicative, and cost effective manner.
- Child custody— Even when the partners dissolving a relationship are amicable, child custody decisions are difficult. Difficulties can be amplified by complicating factors like the relocation of one parent. In most cases, removal and relocation require the consent of both parents and must be approved by the court. Jacobs Berger, LLC, works to minimize conflict and help you obtain the best solution for you and your children.
- Child support — Our firm can give you guidance about the child support you can expect to pay or receive. We can also advise you concerning parental responsibility for funding the post-secondary education of your child.
- Alimony and spousal support — Alimony/spousal support may be available to either party of a divorce or dissolution by agreement or by court order. Our New Jersey family law attorneys will work with you to negotiate or litigate appropriate support amounts based on the specific facts of your matter.
- Division of Marital Assets and Debt — New Jersey is an equitable distribution state, which means that division of property is based on what is fair. Our lawyers can provide guidance regarding the rules and the decisions you will have to make when determining asset and debt division following a divorce or dissolution.
- Order modification and enforcement – Children and situations change. When a custody, parenting time or support agreement no longer adequately reflects your circumstances, we help you get an appropriate modification. When necessary, we can also pursue enforcement of your current court order.
- Domestic violence — We assist clients with restraining orders, helping secure legal protection against physical violence, verbal threats, stalking, harassment and more, and help defend clients from false allegations.
- Family formation — Whether you are forming your family through adoption or are considering a prenuptial agreement to protect premarital and separate assets, our lawyers will provide knowledgeable legal advice to help your family move forward into the next phase of family building.
- Complex parentage issues — Our attorneys are uniquely skilled in the nuances of complex parentage issues such as those associated with assisted reproductive technology and donor agreements, third-party rights, psychological parents and multi-parent families.
Our firm believes in an honest and straightforward approach. If a legal agreement is not in your favor we’ll let you know. If our firm is not the right fit for your needs, we’ll help you find another attorney who better suits your specific needs.
Contact our Madison, NJ Family Law and Divorce Attorneys Today
At Jacobs Berger, LLC, we understand that no concerns are more personal than those involving a family. With extensive experience helping clients across Randolph, Madison, Tewksbury, Morristown, and the greater Morris County area, our firm is ready to put our unique approach to work for you today.